Located on the Trent River in Pollocksville, NC, south of New Bern, the Foscue Plantation House is a wonderful example of high-style antebellum architecture and retains a number of its original furnishings. Built in 1824 by Simon Foscue Jr., the home was one of the first in the state added the National Register of Historical Places in 1971 and was presented the Governor’s Award for Forestry Conservation by the North Carolina Wildlife Federation in 2010.
In 1999 the Coastal Land Trust preserved 648 acres of woodlands and cypress gum swamp surrounding the house at Foscue Plantation, saving the historical character of this land for now, and for the future!
Tours of the home are available on Thursdays from 10:00 am until 4:00 pm and by appointment for a fee. Visit the website for more information. http://www.foscueplantation.com/